We all know its easier said than done when someone tells you to ''just forget the past and move on''. Yeah, the thing is we are different, hence we have different ways of handling pain. While some could just say ''screw it'' and forget about it, others would breakdown completely and become really depressed.
The truth is pain sucks!
But you can't expect life to be a bed of roses all the time. The journey through life is not a straight-forward type. So you just have to be strong and believe in yourself. These are the few tips that got me through my lowest moments.
- Untangle yourself from that toxic environment where it all started in the first place. As soon as you do this, you are taking the first bold step towards living a better life.
- Surround yourself with positive things. So as not to go running back to the old ways; Let your mind be in a positive mood always. Studies show that being around healthy(positive) environment helps to suppress depression.
- Occupy yourself with new activities. Perhaps you just feel lost and uncoordinated, to rediscover yourself,engaging in new activities helps. An ideal mind is a devil's workshop. This might sound difficult at first, but I assure you that it helps. Just make sure its something you are comfortable with.
- Share your burden with experienced people. A problem shared is problem half solved. Now, this tip could be tricky if you share your thoughts with someone who has no clue on how he?she can help you. Approach the qualified ones, the experienced types. It could be a therapist, religious mentor,family member or role model.
- Have faith in yourself. After all said and done, if the belief that you can be anything you want to be regardless of how bad you messed up in the past is not there, then you are basically back to square 1! Believe in yourself, always work towards being a better version of yourself.