Friday 27 March 2015

SOCIAL MEDIA...KILLING REAL-LIFE COMMUNICATION?

Is it just me or has the level at which people communicate these days been sabotaged by social media?
Just some hours ago, I was chatting with one of my long time friends and he was telling me how bored he is that over a year he has not met someone new. I actually laughed because my case is worse, I have not met someone new in two years. When I say ''met'',I am not talking about meeting on social platforms, I mean real life conversation like the old fashioned way.
I know that sounds funny, but 80% of my friends are on social media, we chat all day about most things and we are actually not chatting about ''all things''. Just the latest gossip and news. Social media has taken the fun out of everything real.

Do not get me wrong, Social media is Dope! It has given us so many opportunities to connect with wide range of audiences almost all at once like I am given a chance to share this with you guys. But the real fun is zapped out because of it.

Look at it from this angle, you meet someone on social media, you talk and chat. Discuss about almost everything for hours and what happens when you finally meet? There is absolutely nothing to talk about or worst, you find out the illusion you created in your head about the person is not actually what it is real life. Before you know it, you are bored!

As a matter of fact, some peeps do not even know how to create a conversation real life like they do on social platforms. If they can even start a conversation, they don't know how to keep up with it(me inclusive, lmao!)





I think something should be done about this. The bottom line is we can't stop tweeting, chatting, taking selfies, ''instagraming'' (oh hell nah!). But we can work on our relationship with people outside the online world, you know, outside the social media world.
What do you think guys? Drop your comments..

You can share this link with your friends...

ELLE SUE







No comments: